Post ICE and LAC in London we are one stone heavier and our heads rattled. A busy time indeed. Oh and the International Gaming Awards took place in London as well. Hectic times in the iGaming industry. The IGA awards 2017 happened (10th time), once again recognising those in the industry whose contributions to innovation and creativity were unstoppable.
Online casino awards
Yggdrasil Gaming – Innovator of the Year
Cherry funded Yggdrasil hot on NetEnts tail.
Cherry Gaming – Mobile Operator of the Year
After the ComeOn! acquisition things are looking strong for Cherry for sports and casino online
Play’n GO – Slot Provider of the Year
Play’n GO only surfaced last year. Top mobile slots from a solid team. Very well done guys!
Microgaming – Mobile Product of the Year
Microgaming are not shy of an award or two. Mirogaming’s first mobile offering dates as far back as 2004. They continue to keep ahead of the masses – which was recognized with this award.
Additional awards were:
- Amaya – Online Socially Responsible Operator
- Playtech – Technology Supplier
- Coolbet – Startup of the Year
- Videoslots – Slots Operator of the Year
- Betconstruct – iGaming Supplier
- Unibet – Online Bingo Operator
- Mr Green – Online Gaming Operator
- Leo Vegas – Online Casino Operator
- Aconcagua Poker – Online Poker Operator of the Year
- Ecommpay – Payment Solutions Provider
- Safecharge – Security Innovation Award
- NetEnt – Great Place to Work Award
Land-based casino awards
At the IGA awards the big dogs of the land based are recognised. It’s good to know which brick and mortar casinos are deserving of awards as well and here are a few that were noteworthy this year –
- Galaxy Entertainment is Casino/Integrated Resort of the Year
- Las Vegas Sands is Casino Operator of the Year Americas
- Star Sydney is Casino Operator Australia
- Caesars is Casino Operator Europe
- Casino Ritz is VIP Room of the Year
What is interesting is the variety of categories and number of different top casinos competing. In total 26 awards were handed out on the 6th February! As we expected LeoVegas and Mr Green online casinos were pick of the bunch. More info on Leo Vegas as they move into the UK market to come during 2017 from us here at ukonlinecasino.org!! Leo Vegas have just announced that they will sponsor Leicester Tigers for the rugby union season!! We can’t wait to see what their plans are!!